Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Beauty for Beauty's Sake!

Hidden from most eyes, is this lovely mosaic.  I was enthralled that the city of Manitou Springs, CO, would care enough about a funky concrete bridge to dress it up for the few who would venture down to the creek.

I am sorry it is not a better view.  That was as close as I could get. It was a grey, late-winter day, otherwise I may have waded the creek for a closer look.

I should not be surprised at the desire to place beauty in obscure places.  We get it from our Dad, Abba.
It is in our DNA!

Have you ever climbed a mountain and stood in a place where, possibly, no one else has ever stood?

The beautiful flowers and crystal clear streams will take your breath away!  I still remember the first time I saw a lone flower, hidden in an alpine field that only few would ever find.  I realized, God is like that.  He has to create beauty, because He is beauty.  And, He loves to surprise us with those intimate moments; the impression He put it there just for you!

I am getting the bug in my britches to go exploring for more hidden art!  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment