Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cave Art

Queen's Watchdog formation in Longhorn Cavern
Underground hidden art.





Proverbs 4:23: In my paraphrase,
  Set a watch over your heart.  Guard your heart.  For your heart determines the course of your life.

This watchdog, hidden in the bowels of the earth, reminds me of the need to have the Lord Jesus be the guard over our hearts.  The best watch dogs I have ever known, were my little dachshunds.  They rarely went outside, preferring the cozy couch in the middle of the living room, usually hidden from view under a blanket.  But at the slightest sound, unheard by my human ears, they would snap to attention, and begin to bark sounding the alarm.  No one ever surprised us!

In the same way, when we hide the Word of God, nestled in our hearts, alive in the Holy Spirit, there is no way the enemy can surprise us.  All of our senses snap to, and we are protected and secure.

I love how the Lord made this limestone creature, as a reminder to us. Let us guard our hearts, as the Queens' watchdog guards the cave, as my dachshies guarded our home! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the analogy and the picture's great. We own two large dogs, 85 pounds and 75 pounds respectively. They, too, sound the alarm, as does the Holy Spirit when we hide the Word of God in our hearts!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I haven't posted in awhile, so I just now saw your comment! Appreciate it!

      Delete